|COMPUTATIONAL MODELS FOR COMPLEX SYSTEMS||INF/01||LEZIONI||48|
Studends will acquire some knowledge about the main computational modelling methodologies, the main model-based analysis techniques, and the main modelling principles for complex systems made of interactive components.
In the context of the exam students will have to demostrate familiarity with the modelling and analysis methodologies presented in the course.
Students will learn how to apply computational modelling and analysis techniques to study dynamical properties of complex systems from any application domain.
In the context of the exam, students will have to demostrate to be able to reason about a case study in which computational modelling is used to investigate properties of a complex system.
Students will acquire and/or develop an awareness on the aims and the applicability of computational modelling methodologies.
In the context of the exam, students will have to demostrate awareness on the aims and the applicability of computational modelling methodologies.
Basic mathematical and computer science notions, e.g. set theory, probability theory, algorithms and programming skills.
Lezioni frontali con slides.
Lectures with slides.
- Complex systems: basic concepts and the relationships between component interaction and population dynamics
- Modelling methodologies: agent-based modelling, automata-based languages and rule-based notations
- Representation of system behaviour: transition systems, probabilistic models (e.g. Markov chains) and continuos determinstic models (e.g. differential equations)
- Analysis techniques: discrete event simulation, model checking and statistical model checking
- Applications: selected case studies from social sciences, life sciences (biology and biomedicine) and others
Tutto il materiale didattico sarà messo a disposizione tramite la pagina web del corso.
All the teaching material will be made available on the web page of the course.
The exam consists in either a presentation, or a small project, or a standard oral test. To be agreed with the teacher.