CdSINFORMATICA E NETWORKING
|RETI WIRELESS DI SISTEMI EMBEDDED||ING-INF/03||LEZIONI||48|
The course aims at providing a background in wireless communications, wireless networks, and wireless sensor networks. The course introduces the fundamentals of propagation in unguided medium, wireless communications, multiplexing techniques and access networks (with a special focus on low-rate networks).
The course will also present the fundamental principles for programming Wireless Sensor Networks: micro-kernels, IP programming, and Service Oriented Architectures.
The approach of the Internet of Things will also be presented with specific case studies taken from real-world applications.
Proper instruction of the student will be verified through the final assessment methods.
Delivery: face to face
Attendance: Not mandatory
- attending lectures
- Radio transmission fundamentals
- Wireless channel propagation and related impairments
- Wireless communication techniques at PHY and MAC layer
- Evolution of cellular networks
- WLAN and WPAN networks
- WSN: Device architectures and components
- Low-level coding and Operating Systems
- Wireless Communication Techniques at PHY and MAC layer
- IP-level communication protocols
- Basic programming for embedded systems
- Networking sample applications
- Sensor network abstraction in the IoT
- Case studies: Embedded Vision, Multinode Data Aggregation
- Real-world applications, notably Intelligent Transportation, Smart Plants
- W. Stallings, Wireless Communications & Networks, Pearson Education Inc.
- A. Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, Cambridge University Press
- T. Rappaport, Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice (2nd Edition) , Prentice Hall
- H. Karl, A. Willig, Protocols and architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks, John Wiley & Sons Inc.,
- Final oral exam or project work