CdSINFORMATICA E NETWORKING
|RETI WIRELESS DI SISTEMI EMBEDDED||ING-INF/03||LEZIONI||48|
The course aims at providing a background in wireless communications, wireless networks including distributed sensors, and mobile networks. The course introduces the fundamentals of propagation in unguided medium, wireless communications, multiplexing techniques and access networks (with a special focus on low-rate networks).
The approach of the Internet of Things will also be presented with specific case studies taken from real-world applications, experimented at the Port of Livorno: Connected and Automated Vessel, eFreight and Cooperative ITS, Blockchains in logistics applications.
Proper instruction of the student will be verified through the final assessment methods.
Delivery: face to face
Attendance: Not mandatory
- attending lectures
- Radio transmission fundamentals
- Wireless channel propagation and related impairments
- Wireless communication techniques at PHY and MAC layer
- Evolution of cellular networks
- WLAN and WPAN networks
- IP-level communication protocols
- Networking sample applications
- Real-world applications: Connected and Automated Vessel, eFreight and Cooperative ITS, Blockchains in logistics applications.
- W. Stallings, Wireless Communications & Networks, Pearson Education Inc.
- A. Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, Cambridge University Press
- T. Rappaport, Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice (2nd Edition) , Prentice Hall
- H. Karl, A. Willig, Protocols and architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks, John Wiley & Sons Inc.,
- Final oral exam or project work