CdSINFORMATICA E NETWORKING
|RETI WIRELESS DI SISTEMI EMBEDDED
The course aims at providing a background in wireless communications, wireless networks including distributed sensors, and mobile networks with a specific focus on large-scale digital infrastructures.
The approach of the Internet of Things will also be presented with specific case studies taken from real-world applications, experimented at the Port of Livorno: Connected and Automated Vessel, eFreight and Cooperative ITS, Blockchains in logistics applications.
Proper instruction of the student will be verified through the final assessment methods.
The student will acquire the needed knowledge at the basis of the network architecture of a complex digital infrastructure where IoT and mobile radio networks are considered as enabling components.
Feedback will be required to the students at a regular basis along the duration of the courses.
Exercise and demo sessions will also be organized.
Fundamentals of telecommunication networks.
Delivery: face to face
Attendance: Not mandatory
- attending lectures
- Radio transmission fundamentals and wireless networks
- Evolution of cellular networks
- WLAN and WPAN networks
- complex infrastructure for «store and share» of data
- Key Enabling Technologies:
Sensor devices and data model
Notable networks (focus on 5G, C-ITS)
Data custodial and virtualization
Data trust and Blockchains
- SW development
- Real-world applications: Connected and Automated Vessel, eFreight and Cooperative ITS, Blockchains in logistics applications.
- W. Stallings, Wireless Communications & Networks, Pearson Education Inc.
- A. Goldsmith, Wireless Communications, Cambridge University Press
- T. Rappaport, Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice (2nd Edition) , Prentice Hall
- H. Karl, A. Willig, Protocols and architectures for Wireless Sensor Networks, John Wiley & Sons Inc.,
- Final oral exam or project work