CdSINFORMATICA E NETWORKING
|RETI WIRELESS DI SISTEMI EMBEDDED||ING-INF/03||LEZIONI||48|
The course aims at providing a background in principles and practice of management of complex application systems in the field of vertical (maritime) applications. In detail, aspects such as communication fundamentals, modulation techniques, propagation effects, Long Range and Short Range communication protocols, cellular networks (with a focus on 5G), satellite technologies and data acquisition, custody and management will be covered in relation to connected and unmanned shipping, intermodal digital logistics in a sustainable growth perspective.
Proper instruction of the student will be verified through the final assessment methods.
The student will acquire the needed knowledge at the basis of the network architecture of a complex digital infrastructure where IoT, radio networks, and data platforms are considered as enabling components.
Feedback will be required to the students at a regular basis along the duration of the courses.
Exercise and demo sessions will also be organized.
Fundamentals of telecommunication networks.
Delivery: face to face
Attendance: Not mandatory
- attending lectures
- Radio transmission fundamentals and wireless networks
- Evolution of cellular networks
- WLAN and WPAN networks
- Fundamentals of satellite technologies and their application
- complex infrastructure for «store and share» of data
- Sensor devices and data model
Data custodial and virtualization
Data trust and Blockchains
- SW development
- Real-world applications: Connected and Automated Vessel, eFreight and Cooperative ITS, Sustainable Growth..
- “Wireless Communications & Networks,” W. Stallings, Pearson Education Inc.
- “Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice,” T. S. Rappaport, Prentice Hall
- “Satellite Communication Systems 6th edition” by Maral / Bousquet / Sun
- “Wireless Communications,” A. Goldsmith, Cambridge University Press
- “Fundamentals of Wireless Communications,” D. Tse and P. Viswanath, Cambridge University Press (available for free download online)
- Final oral exam or project work
Course starts on Feb 21st 11 am, Polo Fibonacci, Lecture Room X2
Those who are interested to attend the classes, please contact me at: paolo.pagano AT cnit.it
Students are requested to subscribe to Classroom: