(ASTROPHYSICAL BLACK HOLES)
|BUCHI NERI ASTROFISICI
Understanding of the physics of black hole from their observations in multiple messengers. Gravitational wave emission from binary black holes and isolated black holes. Accretion physics.
Oral examination over the topics presented during the course.
General relativity, general astrophysics, spectra and emission mechanisms.
- Schwarzschild black holes: features, orbits, observational evidence
- Kerr black holes: features, orbits, observational evidence
- Black hole perturbation theory and ringdown gravitational wave emission
- Binary black holes: dynamics, effective one-body formulation, gravitational wave emission
- Current status of gravitational waves observations from interferometric detectors
- Accretion disks around black holes: Shakura-Sunyaev thin disk, relativistic generalisations.
- Observational evidence for accretion around black holes, implications for galaxy assembly history.