|METODI DI APPROSSIMAZIONE/a
This course focuses on advanced techniques in numerical linear algebra (NLA) and their applications. The student who successfully completes the course will be aware of several advanced topics in numerical linear algebra and, more specifically, in structured matrix and polynomial computations. The student will be also able to have a complete look of the state of the local research in these fields.
Course work will include literature research and presentation in related topics. With the final oral presentation the student must demonstrate the ability to approach a considered research problem, and organise an effective exposition of related theoretical results and numerical solution methods.
- Final oral exam
- Continuous assessment
Delivery: face to face
- attending lectures
- participation in seminar
- preparation of oral/written report
- participation in discussions
- individual study
Attendance: Not mandatory
- project work
Topics will include:
- Generalized eigenvalue problems, non linear eigenvalue problems, structured eigenvalue problems, parallel methods for eigenvalue computation.
- Fast direct and iterative linear solvers for structured and rank--structured matrices.
- Applications in arge scale NLA, optimization, and large data analysis.
Recommended reading includes research papers published on the most relevant journals in the field of computational mathematics and numerical/symbolic computing.